At a work outing I was standing with two of my bosses, when they decided that they wanted to head out. They brought up the common question asked before one leaves a bar: “to ghost, or not to ghost?”
Ghosting…What’s that all about?
Ghosting, well one of it’s definitions, is to leave a bar or event with out letting your friends know – ex. Poof! He’s gone. The thing about ‘ghosting’ is that only men can do it.
Below is what happens if a man decides to ‘ghost’:
- “Where’d Bill go?” “I don’t know”
Below is a list of reactions that could happen if a girl decides to ‘ghost’:
- Excessive calling to their handset
- Search parties set out on the hunt
- Other girls in the group yelling at each other
- Crying, lots of crying
- Potential fights with friends that could last for years
- Getting reamed out when found
- Years of ‘remember when’ stories, that one may have wanted to forget
So ladies, my advice – find one friend and just say bye. It just may save you years of grief.